I know you were inevitably told not to play with your food, but have you ever put food on your face?
Really, there are so many items in your kitchen that are astonishingly great for your skin. Not only are there an array of items you can put on your skin for radiant, healthy skin — it’s also important what you’re putting in your body.
Eating nutrient dense, high-quality food can be just as powerful as that expensive night cream, and luckily, the healthy foods have more benefit than just your beautiful skin. The food you consume is imperative to the growth of healthy skin cells, leaving you with the healthy glow you are craving.
Some of my favorite foods to use on my skin are:
- Avocado. Simply mashing up an avocado and spreading it on my face does absolute wonders.
- Banana. Mixing a half of a banana with the avocado, and sprinkling in some olive oil is my favorite face mask I’ve ever used. It feels incredible.
- Cucumber. Cucumber slices on your eyes to decrease puffiness, it really works!
- Lemons. Another miracle trick. Soaking a cotton ball in fresh lemon juice and rubbing your face with it — you’ve got to try it!
Hydration is another critical factor in clear, radiant skin. Be sure you are getting enough water each day.
These tricks not only will make your skin feel great but it is also a little pampering and time to yourself. Enjoy!
Want more help? Schedule a complimentary discovery session with me today to find out how a Health Coach can help you to achieve your wellness goals.
Picture a big glass goblet filled to the halfway mark with water. How do you see it – half-full or half-empty? Consistently finding the glass half-empty – and the world as a difficult place – is a hallmark of negativity.
Research has found that a negative outlook can contribute to everything from depression to heart disease to lowered immune system function. It can affect sleep, weight maintenance, the quality of your relationships, your social life, and even your ability to hold a job.
Now imagine what it would feel like to approach life from a place of positivity, fun, connection, health, and possibility. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
6 Simple Tips to Make a Positive Switch
To help wipe out negativity, try one or more of the following action steps:
- Go complaint-free. Try going an hour without complaining and see the positive things in your life. Next, try a day, a week, and so on.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Each evening, list 10 or more things that you are grateful for.
- Give compliments freely. Notice the good in others. Praise every person you interact with.
- Find beauty everywhere in your world. Notice its gorgeousness.
- Share your good news. Studies show that sharing happy events brings even more happiness.
- Focus on what you want, not what you don’t want.
Maintaining a positive outlook takes practice, and the more you do it, the easier it gets. The payoff – a happier, healthier life – is absolutely worth the effort.
Get Even Healthier!
Want to learn how to make positive choices in your own life? Want support in creating your healthiest, happiest life ever? Let’s talk! Schedule a complimentary health coaching consultation with me today – or pass this offer on to someone you care about!
I received my training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, the only school in the world that integrates over 100 of the latest nutrition theories with coaching and business skills. I will help you shift your behavior to develop lifelong healthy habits and a deep understanding of your bio-individual needs. We’ll work together to create lasting changes to your health, energy, and well-being.